Experience the wonder of Africa and its wildlife at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. This lodge arcs over savanna areas that give guests an intimate, up close and personal view of African animals that roam the savannas acres.
The main lobby is rich with dark wide plank wooden floors, an arched thatched ceiling and bathed in daylight from the back wall which is comprised entirely of windows to give views of a beautifully landscaped savanna. Cozy chairs and couches provide plenty of places to sit and relax as you people watch or read a book. Many wonderful African Art artifacts can be seen on display around the lobby as well as through the halls of the resort hotel. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge actually hosts one of the largest collections of African art in the United States.
Most guest rooms offer views of a savanna, where African animals are free roaming. Relax on your private balcony as you watch the animals roam freely across the savanna that stretches out before you. Linens on the beds are colorful with animal tribal prints and the furniture features intricately carved wood. Most rooms can accommodate up to 4 guests. Queen Beds, King Beds and Bunk Bed combinations are available. The Club level offers Standard Rooms that sleep up to 4 guests, 1 Bedroom Suites that sleep up to 6 guests, and 2 Bedroom Suites that can sleep up to 8 guests.
When it comes to food, diners can find plenty of delicious culturally influenced treats at Disney’s Animal Kindgom Lodge which houses 3 table service restaurants, 1 Quick Service Food Court, 2 Pool Bars, and 2 Lounges.
Table service restaurants include:
- Boma – Flavors of Africa – Family friendly breakfast and dinner buffets offer American and African flavors. The large selections are sure to please everyone.
- Sanaa – This stunning restaurant is the newest dining addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. It offers picturesque views of the African savanna where more than 30 species of animals and birds can be seen. Food is make in the African style with flavors of India. Guests 21 years or older may wish to pair their dinner with African wines, beers, or specialty cocktails. Guests may also visit the Sanaa Lounge where a full bar is accompanied by salad and appetizer offerings.
- Jiko – The Cooking Place – This breathtaking fine dining restaurant is influenced by the colors of the sunset. Warm and cool colors invite guests to relax at tables set amongst pillars with gracefully arcing abstract bird forms suspended overhead. Food is prepared artfully with an African flair and an impressive list of South African wines is available for guests 21 years or older.
Guests looking for a quick and delicious meal should try The Mara which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Choose between American favorites such as pizza and burgers or try a dish with African influences such as a pita sandwich with a side of couscous.
Wines, beers, specialty cocktails, a full bar, and items from Jiko’s menu are available at the Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar as well as Victoria Falls Lounge. Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar is located next to Jiko – The Cooking Place, while the Victoria Falls Lounge offers comfortable seating overlooking Boma – Flavors of Africa restaurant.
Cooling off at the Uzima Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is truly a trip to an oasis. Surrounded by lush green landscape, this zero-entry turquoise pool features a winding water slide, plenty of lounge chairs, 2 whirl pools, a kiddie pool and amazing views. Stop by the Uzima Springs Pool Bar for a specialty drink and a snack.
Recreation goes well beyond the pool at this Deluxe Resort Hotel. In addition to animal watching, here are some of the other recreational activities offered:
- Jogging Trails
- Specialty Sunrise Safari Tour
- Simba’s Club House – Adults can enjoy an evening out while kids hang out with caring Disney Cast Members and enjoy activities prepared especially for them! Cost is based on an hourly rate and time at the club house includes dinner and a snack!